Nothing beats a decadent dessert for Valentine's Day. Why go out when you and your special person can make and enjoy this dessert at home.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY MOUSSE
Courtesy of: Lemon Tree Dwelling (e-mail address below)
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1 Tbsp. cold water
2 Tbsp. boiling water
½ c. sugar
¼ c. cocoa powder
1 c. heavy cream, cold
1 tsp. vanilla extract (may substitute almond)
⅓ c. cocoa powder
1 c. sugar
¾ c. evaporated milk
¼ c. butter
½ tsp. vanilla extract (may substitute almond)
2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 min. to soften.
2. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Combine sugar and cocoa powder in small mixing bowl; add heavy cream and vanilla.
4. Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
5. Spoon into serving dishes; chill 1 hour.
1. Combine cocoa powder and sugar in small saucepan; blend in evaporated milk.
2. Add butter.
3. Cook and stir constantly until mixture just begins to boil.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Spoon over chilled mousse; top with fresh raspberries, whipped cream, chocolate pieces, and sliced almonds (optional).
Preparation time- 75 mins
TOTAL TIME -1 hour 15 mins