Interesting things I found along the way-you never know.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Moscow




My time in Moscow included a beautiful trip to the Kremlin Armory. Fabergé eggs were on display. I was caught by the delicate craftsmanship of the intricately adorned eggs.
Though I was struck by the beauty and decoration of the Fabergé eggs, I chose to use a 19th century cigar case as the object of adventure for Charlotte Russe. The research into the use of cloisonné in art by Russian craftsmen was an amazing journey. But the history of Fabergé Eggs by House of Fabergé is fascinating. See the links below:

My favorite egg on display was the Moscow Kremlin Egg made 1906 by Carl Fabergé for Tsar Nicholas II for his wife. It is a music box made of onyx, gold, enamel and glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment