Interesting things I found along the way-you never know.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Traumatized Hand #20


#20 THE UNFORTUNATE DEMISE OF MY RIGHT HAND

From a right-handed mystery writer

Grossness!
          It's been a week since surgery on my right thumb. The instructions I got from the doctor was to remove the large bandage and cover it with a band-aid. I can't believe it! after all that pain all I get now is a little insignificant band-aid? I have 4 stitches, and it looks GROSS. For some reason, this surgery ended up looking worse than the more extensive one I had in March.

          I can now type (slowly)  and I am no longer hunting and pecking. The pain has been bearable but still gets irritated when I move it. Lefty has been really sweet to Righty, doing what it can to cheer up Righty.
          Because I have to heal before attempting to move Righty's thumb, there wasn't much I  could do for 10 days. I did a lot of reading,  watching television, and avoiding Refrigerator (I sense that it has been very unhappy since I am not paying much attention to it). Righty or Lefty have also been shunning it,  which is now a triple insult to it.


          My husband has been doing all the cooking and cleaning...again. I can't drive so he's been my chauffeur too. I spent my time in different rooms of the house and office.  So this must be irritating Refrigerator to no end! I do eat breakfast in the kitchen, but it is an enjoyable time talking with Bill and planning our day. Refrigerator must be furious during that hour. I never knew being such a Bitch would be so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment